The resources and references below are provided to support pediatric care providers in the prevention , evaluation, management, and treatment of childhood obesity.
- Healthy Eating And Living Office Assessment Tool
- Healthy Eating And Living Office Assessment Tool (for laminating)
This version of the tool can be laminated and used in the office in place of the chart document.
- Healthy Eating And Living Parent Questionnaire
- Healthy Eating And Living Parent Questionnaire (Spanish)
Resources to be Distributed to Families
The following websites provide helpful resources such as clinical information for physicians, parent resources and childhood obesity toolkits.
- CDC Nutrition Website
- CDC Physical activity resources
- USDA ChooseMyPlate
- NICHQ (National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality) Childhood Obesity Tools
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Obesity
- Tennessee State Obesity Plan
- We Can! (Ways to Enhance Children's Activity and Nutrition) National Childhood Obesity Prevention Program
- Eat Smart, Move More NC, Pediatric Obesity Clinical Tools
- Walk Score
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Billing and Coding
- The Coding Fact Sheet will provide you with a guide to coding for obesity-related health care services.
- Dr. Robert Schwartz, a Pediatric Endocrinologist and national speaker from Wake Forest University, was invited by TNAAP and United HealthCare Community Plan (UHCP) to provide a 3-hour program on motivational interviewing in the primary care setting. This conference was held on August 27, 2011.
- Motivational interviewing is a patient-centered guiding style for enhancing motivation to change by exploring and resolving ambivalence to change. For years it has been used by metal health workers in the treatment of drug and alcohol addictions. It is now beginning to be used as a strategy to address pediatric obesity.
- If you would like to view this webcast, please click HERE.
The following document contains some helpful references regarding the prevalence, epidemiology, evaluation, prevention or treatment of childhood obesity. When available online, the link is provided at the end of the citation.
HEALED Contact InformationRebecca Robinson, MPH