COVID-19 Information and Resources
With the COVID-19 pandemic quickly spreading through the country, information and recommendations are changing daily. In order to better help providers and staff we are keeping up-to-date information, resources, and recommendations in the post below. We are also sending emails out as needed several times a week with up-to-date or urgent information. If you would like to join our mailing list, click here.
Pediatric practices are encouraged to continue seeing patients as necessary, particularly infants and younger children needing vaccines. This webpage contains tips on telehealth and in-office visits.
TNAAP COVID-19 Vaccine 101 Webinar – January 25, 2021 – 6:00 pm
Dr. Michelle Fiscus, Immunization Director for the Tennessee Department of Health will discuss the science behind these vaccines and provide answers to common misconceptions. She will also address the status of COVID-19 vaccines for children. The goal of the webinar is to build confidence among healthcare teams and staff around COVID-19 vaccinations. A live question and answer session will be available at the end of the webinar.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- Facts Over Fear: Preparing for the COVID Vaccines Across Tennessee – This course addresses four COVID-19 vaccines and aims to put healthcare professionals in a position to confidently administer and discuss these vaccines with patients and offers FREE CME.
- Vaccine Distribution Information Town Hall with Tennessee Non-Profits – Join Dr. Michelle Fiscus for a webinar on the COVID-19 vaccine and Tennessee’s distribution plan. This recorded session includes information on how the COVID-19 vaccine was developed, the safety and efficacy of the available vaccines, the development and implementation of TN’s vaccine distribution plan, and how you can help increase vaccination rates.
- Infection Prevention and Control – CDC’s Project Firstline provides evidence-based infection prevention and control training. These brief (roughly five minute) modules are innovative, accessible, and designed for every single person who works in a healthcare setting.
TNAAP Back to the Office Campagin
We have created a series of resources practices can use to help encourage patients to come back to the office. These tools include social media graphics, sample letters, phone scripts and more! Click the link below to view the tool kit.
Provider Relief Fund – Deadline July 20
As announced by the US Department of Health and Human Services and American Academy of Pediatrics, HHS has now opened its relief fund for Medicaid providers. HHS has released approximately $15 billion to Medicaid and CHIP providers who were left out of the previous financial relief packages. Funding is NOT on a first-come, first-serve bases and practices have until July 20, 2020 to apply. Payments do not have to be repaid
Click Here for a List of Resources and More Information
Provider Relief Portal
TNAAP Telehealth Coffeetalk Webinar – AAP telehealth experts joined TNAAP for an interactive webinar. The webinar provides guidance on how to implement telehealth, including the technology that can be used, tips for workflow, how to get parents and patients on board and information on how to code and bill for these services for payers in Tennessee.
- TennCare Extends Telehealth Through June 30, 2021
- TNAAP COVID-19 Telehealth Coding Guidance (pdf)
- Behavioral Health Telehealth Services for TennCare Enrollees – Novel COVID-19 (pdf)
- TennCare MCO COVID-19 Telehealth and Dx Testing Update (pdf)
- AAP Webinar on Telehealth and COVID-19 (Video)
- AAP Guidance: Telehealth Payer Policy in Response to COVID-19 (pdf)
- AAP Coding for COVID-19 and Non-Direct Care (pdf)
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for State Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Agencies
- Trump Administration Releases COVID-19 Checklists and Tools to Accelerate Relief for State Medicaid & CHIP Programs
- Medicaid Telehealth Services
- CMS COVID-19 Partner Toolkit
- Telehealth Remote Communications During the COVID-19 Nationwide Public Health Emergency
- Telehealth FAQs
Other Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
- TN Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Le Bonheur – University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
- Niswonger – East Tennessee State University – Ballad Health
- Monroe Carrell, Jr. – Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Latest TNAAP Communications on COVID-19
- New Coverage for EPSDT & Well Child Telehealth Visits (4/7/2020)
- Tips for Telehelath and In-Office Visits (4/3/2020)
- New Listserv for TNAAP Members and DOH Updates (4/2/2020)
- Telehealth COVID-19 Updates and Resources (3/26/2020)
- COVID-19 Update for Tennessee Clinicians (3/24/2020)
- COVID-19 Update for Newborn Nursery Providers (3/20/2020)
- Update TDH COVID-19 Guidance (3/19/2020)
- COVID-19 Strategies and Resources for the Pediatric Practice (3/17/2020)