COVID-19 Resources For Physicians
In order to better help providers and staff we are keeping up-to-date information, resources, and recommendations on this webpage. We are also sending emails out as needed with up-to-date or urgent information to all current members. If you are not a member, please join now and support all the chapter’s hard work!
Resources to Share with Patients
- Parent Informational Handout (pdf)
- Social Media Tool Kit
Updated Interim COVID-19 Guidance (September 27, 2021)
AAP COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine: What Pediatricians Can Do Now
- COVID-19 Vaccine Implementation in Pediatric Practices
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration: Getting Paid
- Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination Cinics Through Pediatric Practices
- About the COVID-19 Vaccine: Frequently Asked Questions
- Becoming a COVID-19 Vaccinator Video Series
- Children and COVID-19 Vaccination Trends
- The Science Behind COVID-19 Vaccines: Parent FAQs
COVID-19 Vaccine Webinars
COVID-19 Vaccine for Children: What We Know – In this webinar internationally-recognized expert in vaccinology, Dr. Kathryn M. Edwards reviews all the latest information on the COVID-19 vaccine for children.
Facts Over Fear: Preparing for the COVID Vaccines Across Tennessee – This course addresses four COVID-19 vaccines and aims to put healthcare professionals in a position to confidently administer and discuss these vaccines with patients and offers FREE CME.
Vaccine Distribution Information Town Hall with Tennessee Non-Profits – Join Dr. Michelle Fiscus for a webinar on the COVID-19 vaccine and Tennessee’s distribution plan. This recorded session includes information on how the COVID-19 vaccine was developed, the safety and efficacy of the available vaccines, the development and implementation of TN’s vaccine distribution plan, and how you can help increase vaccination rates.
Infection Prevention and Control – CDC’s Project Firstline provides evidence-based infection prevention and control training. These brief (roughly five minute) modules are innovative, accessible, and designed for every single person who works in a healthcare setting.
TNAAP Back to the Office Campaign
We have created a series of resources practices can use to help encourage patients to come back to the office. These tools include social media graphics, sample letters, phone scripts and more! Click the link below to view the tool kit.
TNAAP Telehealth Coffeetalk Webinar – AAP telehealth experts joined TNAAP for an interactive webinar. The webinar provides guidance on how to implement telehealth, including the technology that can be used, tips for workflow, how to get parents and patients on board and information on how to code and bill for these services for payers in Tennessee.
- TennCare Extends Telehealth Through June 30, 2021
- TNAAP COVID-19 Telehealth Coding Guidance (pdf)
- Behavioral Health Telehealth Services for TennCare Enrollees – Novel COVID-19 (pdf)
- TennCare MCO COVID-19 Telehealth and Dx Testing Update (pdf)
- AAP Webinar on Telehealth and COVID-19 (Video)
- AAP coding for Telemedicine Fact Sheet (pdf)
- AAP Guidance: Telehealth Payer Policy in Response to COVID-19 (pdf)
- AAP Coding for COVID-19 and Non-Direct Care (pdf)